Adjusting action on Excalibur

Lets talk about guitars
Ulrich77
New
New

28 Mar 2021 20:29

I just recently bought a Supra, awesome guitar.

Now I'm trying to adjust the string action on the bridge, which is a standard 2011 non locking tremolo.

More specifically, following the manual I understand that * F adjusts the overall height of the bridge, and that * G controls the height of the bridge saddle.
But there are two mini holes/screws, right? Which one should I operate, the one on the left or the one on the right? Everything else is pretty clear to me...
I hope someone can clarify. Thanks.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

29 Mar 2021 12:42

I'm not sure I understand.
You must use G to raise or lower the action of each saddle, in very rare case we use F
Ulrich77
New
New

29 Mar 2021 13:15

Hi there, are you Patrice the owner? wow, I'm honored.

Anyway, I posted a link to a photo I took from the manual (I hope you don't mind).

ImageVenue.com - result.jpg

So basically, I use F to lower the whole bridge, OK?
Then, the bridge saddles G are connected to 2 different mini-screws I believe, one on the left and one on the right, so which one should I operate? Do both lower the bridge height with the same results? I hope I explained myself, of course feel free to correct me as I'm fairly new to this kind of bridge...
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

01 Apr 2021 17:00

I recommend not to touch F
You have to turn the two screws G.
To go faster, unscrew one of them, make your height adjustment and when the eight is set, * the second one up to when it gets in contact with the vibrato base, so booth screws hold the saddle.
Attachments
ME1367XT_o.jpg