Receiving and setting up an Excalibur Indus while setting up a business in Dubai

Lets talk about anything you want
Post Reply
Lari
New
New
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Aug 2026 04:37

Hi everyone,

I received my Vigier Excalibur Indus about three weeks ago, sometime in November, and I wanted to share my experience because the timing was a bit unusual. I unpacked it on a Friday evening in Lyon, and honestly, I didn't do much else over the following two days apart from adjusting the action and intonation.

Nothing too complicated in the end, but it does take some time when you want to get everything right. I put Ernie Ball Cobalt 10-46 strings on it straight away. I find they give it a slightly warmer sound while still keeping plenty of definition in the highs. The neck moved a little during the first few days, which is normal while the wood and strings settle, so I adjusted the intonation a second time on Sunday. I wanted everything to be spot on before moving on. It's been holding steady ever since.

What made things a bit hectic was that during those same weeks I was also finalizing my professional setup in Dubai, a project I'd been working on for a while. So my evenings were split between a screwdriver for adjusting the truss rod and emails with the administration over there. Honestly, it wasn't the most relaxing period.

For the administrative side in Dubai, I went through daftime.ae, who handled that in parallel while I spent my evenings adjusting the neck. The whole process took a few weeks.

As for the sound, the Excalibur Indus responds really well once it's properly set up, and the frets are spot on all along the neck.

If anyone has experience with other strings besides the Cobalt 10-46 on this model, I'd be interested to hear what you use. I'm still testing a few options before settling on my choice.

Have a good day everyone.
Post Reply