My Setup

Let's talk about the amps, effects, etc… that you use with your Vigier, tell us how you get your sound.
Christophe L

31 Aug 2007 16:12

Here's my stage setup. I play all kinds of music, but mainly pop and rock (coverbands).
I bought my Vigier in 1991 and didn't play on any other bass for 14 years. Well, I tested a few and a bought 1 other which I sold after 6 months.
2 years ago I bought a Furlanetto.

This really is my dream setup. Maybe I'll change the speakers one day to Hevos speakers.

• Vigier Passion II 6-string
  • F-Bass BN-5
  • SWR Mo'Bass amp
  • SWR Son of Bertha 1x15"
  • SWR Goliath II 4x10"
  • Roland Volume pedal FV-300H
  • Akai Professional Deep-Impact
  • Planet Wave cables

I'll post some pics one of these days :-)

Christophe L

07 Sep 2007 13:06

here are the pics
Christophe L

07 Sep 2007 13:14

It's a series II (nr 015) 
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

14 Sep 2007 08:33

I imagine the sound.........
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

14 Sep 2007 15:37

Christophe L wrote:Here's my stage setup. I play all kinds of music, but mainly pop and rock (coverbands).I bought my Vigier in 1991 and didn't play on any other bass for 14 years. Well, I tested a few and a bought 1 other which I sold after 6 months.2 years ago I bought a Furlanetto.This really is my dream setup. Maybe I'll change the speakers one day to Hevos speakers.Vigier Passion II 6-stringF-Bass BN-5SWR Mo'Bass ampSWR Son of Bertha 1x15"SWR Goliath II 4x10"Roland Volume pedal FV-300HAkai Professional Deep-ImpactPlanet Wave cablesI'll post some pics one of these days :-)
That is a nice setup, indeed. The Passion bass looks gorgeous. I am sure that the F-Bass provides and nice contrast to the Passion, for sounds that are more vintage oriented.Nice rig!
Christophe L

14 Sep 2007 16:33

Thx for the replies everyone
Christophe L wrote:I imagine the sound.........
It certainly is :-)But as I mentioned. I'm thinking of changing thes speakers.These basses sound so good, I don't want the speakers to add 'color'. I want to hear the bass sound, not the speaker.SWR is very OK, but Hevos is just that bit better.
Christophe L wrote:i've never tried a F Bass.....
You should ;-)
Christophe L wrote:I am sure that the F-Bass provides and nice contrast to the Passion, for sounds that are more vintage oriented.
That was the reason!
KEV V6 255
VIP
VIP

14 Sep 2007 17:20

Superb basses, I have an Arpege 111 5 string bass and the sound is amazing and I love it
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

14 Sep 2007 18:43

Christophe L wrote: But as I mentioned. I'm thinking of changing thes speakers.These basses sound so good, I don't want the speakers to add 'color'. I want to hear the bass sound, not the speaker.SWR is very OK, but Hevos is just that bit better.
If you really want to hear the bass sound, and not so much the amp and speaker, then you might consider a Glockenklang amplifier and speaker instead of the SWR. Even if you do change the speaker, the cabinet voicing  and the ampifeir design still won't get you a true and linear sound. Not saying that SWR is abd equipment, by any means, but it does lend a specific sound to every bass that's being payed through it.Our findings were that a studio pre-amp and a high powered poweramp through some high end PA speakers will bring across a bass tone in it's purest form, although without feel and warmth. The Glockenklang amplifiers are a perfect combination of true sound, but just warmed up enough to make bass player feel right at home. Our US clinician, Trip Wamsley, has such a setup, and the Vigier Arpege fretless bass that he uses sounds simply stunning through this amplifier setup.
Christophe L

15 Sep 2007 15:47

Thx for the info.I listened to Trip Wamsley and checked out Glockenklang and I must say... Waauw You really made me think about switching amps Because, to be honest, I hardly ever use the effects on the Mo'Bass.Can you tell me what the "Built in A/B box with separate damping control for Input B" is exactly on the Heart-rock amp?
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

19 Sep 2007 18:37

Christophe L wrote:Thx for the info.
You're welcome!
Christophe L wrote:I listened to Trip Wamsley and checked out Glockenklang and I must say... Waauw You really made me think about switching amps
Trip gets a phenomenal tone from his Arpege Basses. While much of his tone is his playing style and of course the fretless Arpege bass, his Glockenklang amp helps realize this tone. Glock is not necessarily adn amp that will give you much to hide behind - it's balls to the wall honest, and very punchy.What's nice is that ALL of trip's basses sound very distinguished through the Glock rig. His big Alembic gets an acoustic guitar quality on the upper strings, while the Jazz Bass sounds much liken, well, a Jazz Bass....
Christophe L wrote:Because, to be honest, I hardly ever use the effects on the Mo'Bass.
You're not the only one that prefer's the dry sound of the MoBass.
Christophe L wrote:Can you tell me what the "Built in A/B box with separate damping control for Input B" is exactly on the Heart-rock amp?
Yes. There are 2 inputs, both using the main gain control, and you can switch between input a and b . Input b has a separate trim level control, so if you have both basses plugged in, and want to switch between the two, then the louder bass goes in input b, allowing it to be matched to input a. Makes sense?
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

20 Sep 2007 08:25

I would also try Glockenklang
Christophe L

20 Sep 2007 12:07

Thx again for the replies.I'm gonna go for the Hevos speakers first... when I have the money