Optima strings? Anyone used Elixr??

Let's talk about the amps, effects, etc… that you use with your Vigier, tell us how you get your sound.
kimbovigier
Super user
Super user

27 Jun 2009 09:40

I've been using these on and off for twenty years, back when they were Maxima. I've heard that the company has gone bust, is there any truth in this or is it just gossip based on the current economic climate? Hmm, I've no idea what strings I will start using if Optima are down the pan, I tried the Optima chromes last week and I really dislike them, I've broken two of them already and the tone is nowhere near as good as the gold.

I use Elixr strings on my acoustic guitars and may consider using them on the electric as I've tried every type of string from D'addario, Ernie Ball, Den Markley, Fender, Rotosound, GHS etc., etc., but Optima were the only strings that sounded and felt right.

Suggestions - Vigier strings perhaps?
Ben
VIP
VIP

27 Jun 2009 09:54

I use Elixir non rust strings - they last for ages and work really well for me!
kimbovigier
Super user
Super user

27 Jun 2009 09:57

Ben? Its Nathan - Oxford Guitar Gallery? You may remember me it was during my dark years when I was a fool and used (heave) Ibanez!! I bought an Excalibur Ultra and my life changed!! Contemplating my next purchase..
kimbovigier
Super user
Super user

27 Jun 2009 09:58

Rightiho, I will be trying the non rust strings then..Cheers