Difference in zero-fret segments?

Lets talk about guitars
Diesel Lincoln

25 Apr 2023 10:36

I have an Ultra Blues, an Excalibur Speciaal, an Expert Classic Rock, and a GV semi-hollow. All of them have segmented zero frets and I'm about to order some replacement segments as some of mine have worn out. As far as I understand it they all have the same radius, but please can anyone tell me if these guitars all take the same segments, or are there differences I need to consider?  
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

27 Apr 2023 14:02

The difference can be in heights and there is 3 kinds
Excalibur + GV + Marylin
Excalibur Shawn Lane
Expert
Diesel Lincoln

29 Apr 2023 03:39

Excellent. Thank you sir!
dona9
New
New

08 Aug 2023 15:04

Zero-fret segments used in guitar setup differ in both purpose and function. Both serve to determine correct string level and nut positioning, whereas a traditional zero-fretting ensures consistent string motion and tonal qualities. Additionally, a nut-zero benefits from utilizing a zero-fret, allowing for improved playability and open tone on guitars with adjustable nut slots. thank you
Kokufm
New
New

01 Mar 2024 07:38

Diesel Lincoln wrote: I have an Ultra Blues, an Excalibur Speciaal, an Expert Classic Rock, and a GV semi-hollow. All of them have segmented zero frets and I'm about to order some replacement segments as some of mine have worn out. As far as I understand it they all have the same radius, but please can anyone tell me if these guitars all take the same segments, or are there differences I need to consider?  
It's great that you're taking care of your guitars! Generally, if your guitars share the same zero fret radius, you should be safe ordering replacement segments that fit that radius.