NAMM 2016 PREVIEW: One Neck to Rule Them All

Lets talk about guitars
Ben
VIP
VIP

21 Jan 2016 15:47

The handsome, brilliant and charming DJ Scully has proven during the now infamous freezer/sauna test featured on GearGods.com the incredible resistance of the Vigier 90/10 necks. Built to last forever and stay in tune nearly as long, the 90/10 necks have been a cornerstone of Vigier craftsmanship since 1988.

Check out the video for yourself on YouTube.

ztevie
Super user
Super user

21 Jan 2016 16:47

I could do another test for you here in the very North of Sweden. We've had around -35 degrees Celsius here all week, that's about - 31 Fahrenheit. Last night was a peak down to - 41 C. (-42F)

I could leave my Shawn Lane out one night if you guarantee it won't get hurt? I also have a Sauna in my house, I could put it in and maybe get it up to around 100 C(212F), as long as i don't have to be in there with it...😀

I think it might actually cope with it. You can imagine the weather here with very cold and VERY dry winters (down to 20% humidity when it's as cold as now ) combined with fairly warm summers and rain in the autumn. I have to adjust truss rod on all my guitars every spring and autumn. Well, except the Vigier, so it does what's promised, even here in the natural torture chamber of the North...