Vigier Excalibur Original tone control problem 

Lets talk about guitars
deka
New
New

13 Jul 2015 00:00

Greatings,

I recently bought a Vigier Excalibur Original and I love it !! It has a great sound and the floyd rose tremolo is the smoothest one I ever had but the tone control I think is not working properly.When the tone knob is at the maximum value and I start turning the tone control down it doesn't react until it almost reaches the end and then it starts to react but that is like only 20-15 % of the full tone control capacity.I read somewhere on a website that some models had this issue before so maybe my guitar is one of those models.Any ideas how to fix this issue ? Also I wanted to know where can I buy the replaceable zero fret for my Vigier ? 

Dennis g.

19 Aug 2015 02:16

Contact Vigier-USA for the fret  I think his name is DJ

Dna-yay
Super user
Super user

24 Aug 2015 07:37

Id like to know about the tone pot issue also. Recently restored a 94 Excalibur Custom, brand new pickups and electronics but for some reason my tone works as a weird partial secondary volume for the bridge and neck pickups but a standard tone for the middle pickup. 

Needless to say iv tried many variations on the wiring, going to send the pickups back to get them checked out but would be interesting if there is something i have missed on the guitar itself.