Just landed my Vigier!

Lets talk about guitars
andyg_prs

20 Jan 2015 23:06

A very good day -- I love this guitar even though it really needs some TLC.

Appears to be a 2001 Vigier Excalibur Ultra.  It clearly needs a set up with some fret buzz and the trem going way out of tune.

I suspect the string tree as contributing as with it in place the B particulary and the E go out of tune.  The screw undone to almost remove the tree and those strings come back in tune....but the E buzzes as the string is too high behind the nut.

Can the new string retainers be retro-fitted?

I do have a trusted guitar tech but he has never worked on a Vigier....any reason that he wouldn't be able to get the guitar in good shape?

PS - I also plan to swap the EMGs out for passives as actives aren't for me.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Andy

Rawkmann
New
New

21 Jan 2015 05:03

I personally dig the EMGs in sound and looks.  BUT I've always like Dimarzios for super strat style guitars like the Vigier. Particularly the Tone Zone for the bridge position.

kaos
New
New

21 Jan 2015 06:14

Congratulation, wonderfull guitars! what kind of music do you play? Did you tried Bare Knuckles pickups i really like them. If it's not your cup of tea you could look for some Amber. Those in the excalibur kaos are really nice thought you can't have the same they are made custom for vigier (i think). 

andyg_prs

21 Jan 2015 07:55

Thanks guys. An update, some really heavy gauge strings were on there. 9 - 46 back on and tuning is great. 

My band's music is original rock with a prog element.

Https://www.soundcloud.com/colourflow

Cheers,

Andy

yuri1973
VIP
VIP

21 Jan 2015 10:20

Congrats for your killer guitar and welcome to the club of Vigier heads!