Thank you...

Lets talk about guitars
MJG
Super user
Super user

26 Mar 2013 16:16

...for making the GV! :-)

I feel the need to say thank you to Patrice and ALL at Vigier simply because the work Vigier does is incredible. For the first time last night I played my new GV Rock with the band at rehearsals and it's just incredible (had only played in shop/at home up until this point). I did not expect it to integrate into my rig/setup so well so quickly. You really can hear, feel and see what an incredibly well made guitar a Vigier is when you A/B it with other gear. I just don't know how to put it into words really - it's just amazing.

After how amazing it feels and plays etc what really spoke to me the most is the pickups/controls. There is just so much range in the volume and tone controls. Had amp set to a crushing distorted tone and could roll the volume of the GV back enough to find a useable/good CLEAN sound (seriously unexpected on this amp setting!!!) and plenty of "tone" in-between too. Like I say the range just seems incredible - there is so much sound between being off and fully on and there is a consistency to the control of volume you just cannot get on a Gibson Les Paul etc. I play a Gibson LP STD 2003 through the same gear and really it sounds good when fully on and everything else down to off is "meh". And the LP sounds good but the GV has something else - it screams/roars. I have never heard such "clarity" at these levels of distortion. It's like it has also improved my amp haha!!

I will advise anyone who likes hardtail singlecut guitars in the vein of LPs to consider a GV. Seriously just play one and that is it - you will probably never look back. Right now I can't see myself ever buying another guitar - it's that good!

I've had it set-up for 11-48 and it still feels great too.

Can't wait to try different gauges now and alternative tunings. And can't wait to get my next GV!!! :-)