Replacement pickguards for SL

Lets talk about guitars
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

12 Feb 2013 11:36

Howdy - It's been a few days since I used the US site question form, and am posting this here in case:

First off, thanks again to DJ, Ben, Patrice, and everyone who was involved in being the highlight of NAMM 2013 for me. If Tom Monda reads this, thanks again for the CD and being the friendliest guitarist I met there (You even beat Holdsworth slapping my * when I offered to buy him drinks).

My Shawn Lane Master's pickguard has cracked through the mount screwholes for the bridge humbucker, and I'm wanting someone to get back to me at marcwormjim@gmail with a paypal invoice for a replacement pickguard.

I'm also wanting to know if the scale length difference of the SL model means that other Excalibur pickguards are not interchangible with it. If this is the case, I'll just be purchasing the one replacement pickguard. If a SSS pickguard will fit, however, I'll be buying both it and the replacement stock guard (The Dimarzio Air Classics are great, however I'm of the Eric Johnson school and prefer single-coils).

Tyler Correll
New
New

02 Mar 2013 03:15

On the same lines as this gentleman would like to buy a custom pick guard for my SL as well how would I go about doing that?

marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

02 Mar 2013 03:40

I never got a response. I haven't had a functioning guitar since Feb. 12th, and am just wanting a replacement stock pickguard at this point - It doesn't even have to be the black mirror-style. Neither my strat nor RG pickguards fit; so I'm stuck on someone's eventual mercy, here.

VigierDJ
VIP
VIP

04 Mar 2013 12:58

Hey guys,

Marc - I never received a message from you. Email me directly - dj@vigierguitars.com and we'll get you straightened out.

marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

11 Mar 2013 04:25

I found an old post from Ben stating that any Excalibur pickguards will fit the SL. I decided the stock Air Classics (And likely other low-output humbuckers) sounded better on the guitar than single-coils, and so only requested a single replacement pickguard from DJ.

Ben
VIP
VIP

11 Mar 2013 08:17

Just to update this thread; not all pickguards fit other Excaliburs - slighlty different sizes, hardware, positioning, scres etc (also depends on which years). It is always worth double checking with the dealer / distributor and factory before ordering replacements for any guitars.