Transporting to Japan etc.

Lets talk about guitars
Waitwut?
New
New

10 Jun 2012 13:07

Hello, fellow Vigier lovers!

I have couple questions concerning guitar transportation. Thanks in advance, for any help.

So I own a Vigier Special, only, it's back in England - and I'm currently in Japan! I'd love to ship it over here, as I may be here for a year or more. I'm going to invest in a Hiscox case, firstly, but does anyone have any advice on how to safely get it over here? I also have a slight worry about the insane humidity, though I know that the 90/10 system is very resistant to that kind of damage.

Thanks again!
stevie axeman
Super user
Super user

10 Jun 2012 19:26

You could maybe invest in an skb case insteadThey are waterproof - and pretty much bombproof
Ben
VIP
VIP

11 Jun 2012 07:57

The Vigier Hiscox cases are specially designed to fit the guitar perfectly - having used both I would always choose Hiscox over SKB (My Ibanez SKB case is not in the same league as Hiscox). The humidity will not effect the neck, this is one very BIG advantage of Vigier!! Good luck!!
Waitwut?
New
New

12 Jun 2012 09:41

Thanks for the advice, so far! Could anyone perhaps recommend a company to go with? I'm so worried about it getting damaged on the journey over. Money isn't a huge issue, it's bound to be cheaper than buying a semi-decent guitar over here. Cheers!