differences between arpege series III and IVbasses

Lets talk about guitars
ialma
New
New

03 Mar 2012 08:58

Hello,
I was wondering which are the main differences between the Arpege series III and IV basses
Thank you!
Francesco

Roey Haviv
Super user
Super user

27 Apr 2012 02:16

First, Series 3 is a neck through and 4 is a bolt bolt on. Series 3 has Benedeti pickups (two single coil) and special preamp with "out of phase" push pull knob and unique EQ with mempry position switch and passive like tone knob. Series 4 has two twin single coil Delano or in house made pickups, I believe a Glockenlang preamp (correct me if I'm wrong), with separate 3band EQ for each pickup. the bridge is different too. Kahler quick release on series 3 and separate bridge for each string on series 4. hope this helps.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

27 Apr 2012 09:27

ialma wrote:First, Series 3 is a neck through and 4 is a bolt bolt on. Series 3 has Benedeti pickups (two single coil) and special preamp with "out of phase" push pull knob and unique EQ with mempry position switch and passive like tone knob. Series 4 has two twin single coil Delano or in house made pickups, I believe a Glockenlang preamp (correct me if I'm wrong), with separate 3band EQ for each pickup. the bridge is different too. Kahler quick release on series 3 and separate bridge for each string on series 4. hope this helps.
Correct answer :=)