Gave the SL another run out last weekend.

Lets talk about guitars
Hayden
Super user
Super user

01 Mar 2012 16:43

It's already a veteran of a couple of guitar shows but last weekend I was invited to the Great British Guitar Show to host the Gunslinger event (where people get up on stage and show me up basically :) ). The SL was as flawless as ever and only let down by the person stood behind it. Somebody did manage to catch a little on video but you'll have to tilt your head sideways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h4qWaWrh8fc  (Sorry, when I try to make it a link it all goes wrong!) 

The Vigier stand was - as ever - a place to dream about shiny perfection and I even let Ben have a go on my SL to check out my set up and pickups.

Quinny

01 Mar 2012 22:53

Hi Hayden. Have you swapped out the pickups in your SL? **EDIT** Just had a search and found a mention of Sidewynder HH-1s? How do you find they compare to the stock pups in the SL? Cheers, Q.
Hayden
Super user
Super user

01 Mar 2012 23:12

Hayden wrote:Hi Hayden. Have you swapped out the pickups in your SL? **EDIT** Just had a search and found a mention of Sidewynder HH-1s? How do you find they compare to the stock pups in the SL?

Cheers, Q.

They're very different to the stock pickups, a completely different animal as it goes. I spent almost 12 months working on the pickups with Sidewynder. They're pretty high output but very VERY clear and unforgiving. Having said that I'm still thinking of trying something else in there soon :)

Quinny

02 Mar 2012 09:22

Ah, good stuff. I was thinking if I ended up swapping mine out I'd likely head down the BKP route again (had something like 10 sets from them, just something I know and trust) - but, I like the way the Suhr stuff (Aldrich/SSV/SSH+) sounds in a lot of demos so might consider giving them a spin too.
Hayden
Super user
Super user

02 Mar 2012 09:26

Hayden wrote:Ah, good stuff. I was thinking if I ended up swapping mine out I'd likely head down the BKP route again (had something like 10 sets from them, just something I know and trust) - but, I like the way the Suhr stuff (Aldrich/SSV/SSH+) sounds in a lot of demos so might consider giving them a spin too.

I'd like to hear the SL with some Loller Imperial overwinds in there. That could be a recipe for heaven.