Indus Brige: F-spaced/Trembucker?

Lets talk about guitars
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

09 Feb 2012 19:15

Am I correct: the Indus bridge pickup is F-spaced/a trembucker size?

I would like to replace it with something a bit more powerful.

Thank you.

Ben
VIP
VIP

09 Feb 2012 22:33

Yep, this is correct. What you thinking of replacing it with? Post your results on here!
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

09 Feb 2012 22:52

Thanks Ben! I took my Indus to a gig as backup/main guitar and found the bridge didn't have enough "Oompf"  or gain (by just a tiny amount) for the 80s metal/rock my band does, on the amp that I have started to use a lot more (marshall 8100 head + 4x12, solidstate, cheap but does the job well!)  I realised I have a Fender humbucker laying around with the three hole mounting, like Vigier use. I may try that. There is also a Duncan Custom TB5, on Ebay Uk that the seller says came from a Vigier! That aside, my Indus is the best guitar I own, and have ever played. The neck is unreal. A guitar playing friend of mine said it was "a revelation" and he is right! I only use Vigier now, and I tell everyone I can to try them. I am a bit of a brand evangelist :) Keep up the good work, guys.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Feb 2012 15:34

nickeroo wrote: Thanks Ben! I took my Indus to a gig as backup/main guitar and found the bridge didn't have enough "Oompf"  or gain (by just a tiny amount) for the 80s metal/rock my band does, on the amp that I have started to use a lot more (marshall 8100 head + 4x12, solidstate, cheap but does the job well!)  I realised I have a Fender humbucker laying around with the three hole mounting, like Vigier use. I may try that. There is also a Duncan Custom TB5, on Ebay Uk that the seller says came from a Vigier! That aside, my Indus is the best guitar I own, and have ever played. The neck is unreal. A guitar playing friend of mine said it was "a revelation" and he is right! I only use Vigier now, and I tell everyone I can to try them. I am a bit of a brand evangelist :) Keep up the good work, guys.
Yahoooo thank you for the compliments
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

11 Feb 2012 15:41

No problem, M. Vigier, thank you for building such good guitars! The same friend of mine wanted to buy my G.V. Metal, because it is so much beter than his 1970s Gibson Les Paul. I said "non!" of course ! I have told him that there are other G.V.s but he still keeps saying he wants mine, every time I see him :)
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Feb 2012 15:59

He can find another GV in a shop