I have questions i need answered about the vigier excalibur

Lets talk about guitars
WolfMan
New
New

09 Jun 2010 17:42

first of all are there any flaws in the design or parts of the excalibur if so are they easly fixed, second how does it feel to hold one i mean one a scale 1 being the worst thing you ever held and 10 being the best thing you ever held.
aox
Super user
Super user

09 Jun 2010 17:50

Hi! I own an excalibur custom, flaws in the design, well i'd be surprised if there were any. Patrice Vigier (the man behind Vigier guitars) seems like someone who's after perfection to me, he simply won't ship your guitar if it isn't perfect (it doesn't even need tuning after arrival). Also the way I see it Vigier has fixed the most common flaws in parts found on a great guitar an designed an even better one. I've abused the tremolo in every possible way and it stays tuned, the neck is indestructable (if you use it normally :) ) and so on. On a scale from 0 to 10 I would give it a 10 if perfection exists in guitar building then it's called Vigier ;) Don't believe me? just try one, you will not dislike it! Greetz Jochen
WolfMan
New
New

09 Jun 2010 17:57

thank you i just might do that i was only asking because i'm doing an assignment on it and i thought the people of the world that uses it on a daily bases would be better then an old expert. signed: the wolfman
WolfMan
New
New

09 Jun 2010 17:58

so the excalibur is comfortable when you hold it?
aox
Super user
Super user

09 Jun 2010 18:52

Abselutely! Weight ballance is just right the neck shape is awesome and it's finished in satin finish (so your hands won't stick as with a laquered neck) All 24 frets are accessable and the carving in the back makes shure it feels comfortable agains your body. Greets Jochen
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

10 Jun 2010 23:45

My Indus is a top quality, AAA grade instrument. The neck is beautiful and comfortable. A friend if mine who collects old guitars and rare ones said the neck was a 'revelation' after holding it for only a few seconds. As mentioned above, the weight and balance is perfect. The only flaw with mine was the EYB/Schaller megaswitch cut out a bit due to consistent abuse by a previous owner and his toddler. Also the input jack cuts out if the guitar cable is pulled vertically up or down on mine. I think a few other players of Vigier spoke of this too. Those are both minor, the EYB switch is not Vigier's mistake! It had just been literally pushed beyond designed limit. All in all it is the best guitar I own and I have a lot to compare it against. I would give it 9, because of the tiny flaws mentioned. In terms of pleasure to play it is a strong 10: responsive, comfortable, intuitive and easy. It is hard to describe but it feels like you are only 'playing the frets'. That to me is a mark of a top quality guitar.