Vigier Excalibur Frets

Lets talk about guitars
Pilot
New
New

10 Mar 2010 14:31

Hello! I wanted to change Frets to my Vigier Excalibur, wich fret size is the right one?
Is it possible to put jumbo frets on an excalibur, or even superjumbos?

thank you !!

Iceman
Super user
Super user

13 Mar 2010 15:03

Pilot wrote: I wanted to change frets on my Vigier Excalibur, which fret size is the right one?Is it possible to put jumbo frets on an Excalibur, or even super-jumbos?
Changing the frets is principally on nearly every guitar possible, you can also take jumbo frets (medium), but I wouldn't recommend super-jumbos because it affects the playability too much. You can see here some profiles, I recommend HF-M1 Medium Standard, that should be sufficient.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

16 Mar 2010 08:08

Pilot wrote: Hello! I wanted to change Frets to my Vigier Excalibur, wich fret size is the right one?Is it possible to put jumbo frets on an excalibur, or even superjumbos? thank you !!
Yes it is possible, like we did on the Excalibur Christophe Godin Anniversary.
Pilot
New
New

19 Mar 2010 15:57

Thank you all for the fast answers,So if i want to put Super Jumbo frets on it  (or Jumbo, still unsure)  do i have to order a new bigger Zero Fret ? or is the original enough? my guitar is a Vigier Excalibur Original Floyd Rose 1993Thank you!!
Iceman
Super user
Super user

19 Mar 2010 17:18

Pilot wrote:So if I want to put Super Jumbo frets on it (or Jumbo, still unsure) do I have to order a new bigger Zero fret? Or is the original enough?
Good question, it depends to the dimensions of the chosen frets. There must be a minimum distance to the strings, especially from the lower frets. A readjustment of the bridge may be necessary, but if the difference is not too dramatically, could the zero fret still be the same.I don't know the details of your guitar good enough, and so I can tell you this only from a basic point of view. Patrice knows this details much better, if you are in doubt.