Just ordered my vigier.Specific foto + how long?

Lets talk about guitars
aox
Super user
Super user

31 Mar 2008 16:32

Hello everybody!

I've just ordered my vigier guitar saturday and i just can't wait :p
It's an Excalibur custom HSS here's the link: http://www.vigierguitars.com/page/grande_couleur.php?img=5146.jpg&couleur=(Transparent white, maple fingerboard, pearl pickguard)

But the one I ordered must have gold hardware and a rosewood fretboard.Does anyone have an Excalibur custom with gold hardware (even better in the same color and maybe with rosewood fretboard)

And maybe a question to Mr. Patrice Vigier: How long will it take till i get my new guitar?
just askin' ;)

Greetz and I just can't wait to receive it :p

B
VIP
VIP

31 Mar 2008 18:25

Congratulations on the order! Is this your first Vigier? I don't know what the build time is now, but I had to wait about 6 months, which was agony. But I managed to deal with that by telling myself, ''hey man, this guitar is getting made by hand just for me!''. The wait was definitley worth it though, and for all I know the build time might be less. And just out of interest how many guitars get dispatched from the factory a day/week/month ect... Cheers Brad
aox
Super user
Super user

31 Mar 2008 18:51

Yes it's my first Vigier and i'm really excited! :p I've played the Ron Thal swiss cheese guitar and it plays awesome  :DBut can you just tell me, you've got a vigier for some time now i guess so how are the zero fret and the tremolo? Stay in tune verry well?   Greets
KEV V6 255
VIP
VIP

31 Mar 2008 19:15

All the best, welcome to the mad house
B
VIP
VIP

31 Mar 2008 19:35

aox wrote: Yes it's my first Vigier and i'm really excited! :p I've played the Ron Thal swiss cheese guitar and it plays awesome  :DBut can you just tell me, you've got a vigier for some time now i guess so how are the zero fret and the tremolo? Stay in tune verry well?   Greets
Cool, you got to play the Swiss cheese guitar!  I've had my Excalibur Special about a month now. Still getting to know it, as I've not been able to play it as much as I would have liked through things out of my control. However... mine being the Special it has the 2010 vibrato and locking machine heads. When I got it, I'd thought I'd give the trem a bit '*' and it stays in tune really well. For proof, check this out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XlCjzCwQg I wish that WAS me...but it's not lol. Check out other vids of Christophe Godin and you will see him abuse his trem and the guitar still stays perfectly in tune. I've never played a Custom like the one you are getting, but I think the Floyd will be just fine after seeing how much abuse the 2010 can take! As far as the zero fret is concerned, what exactly do you want to know? If it's a playability issue, don't worry. From the moment I picked up the guitar I did not even notice it was there! Really does help the intonation between the open strings and fretted notes. Cheers