Wiring Mod on Excalibur Special

Lets talk about guitars
Stockden
Super user
Super user

05 Mar 2012 14:33

Hi All. I thought you may be interested in a mod i had done to my excalibur special. I originally wanted to split the neck hum bucker so i had access to the coil nearest the neck. After a chat with my repairman i left it in his hands and he came up with this. Please see the photo which will explain all the combinations that can be had from the 2 push pull pots and different 5 way switch. I recorded a short demo playing simple chords in each switch position through a clean setting so you can get an idea of the sounds available. The middle pick up sounds weak in the videos because i have it set really low as it gets in the way when i am playing so i imagine that it could make some of the combination sounds a bit fuller if it were higher. In the video I have pointed at which coils are active at each selection (apart from one is half way through as i forgot to point!) I hope you like the mod. Unfortunately I didn't wire it so any techy questions will be a bit lost on me! anyhow here's a link to the vid. Excalibur Wiring Mod
Attachments
3995.jpg
3995.jpg (52.23 KiB) Viewed 1403 times