Guitar shops in France

Buy or sell an instrument
presence
New
New

06 Dec 2007 02:42

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I was wondering if anyone here knew of any music shops in France that have websites that I could visit in order to try and order a new Excalibur Orginal for export. The reason that I was hoping to buy an instrument this way is that if the shop already has the instrument in stock, then I could hopefully import it to the U.K. in under a week, rather than ordering now and waiting (it's a long story, but due to touring commitments, I would probably need the instrument withing the next month or so, and therefore can't really wait much longer than that). It's not an emergency (my current Excalibur Original is in tip top condition! ), but I would like to buy another one as a back-up for when we are on tour (and any excuse to but a new Excalibur is a good excuse, right?) Many thanks for any assistance that you can give me, Presence.

Ben
VIP
VIP

06 Dec 2007 09:15

Hi Presence,               The UK office had a brand new Excalibur Original in stock available now so there is no need to travel to France to pick up one from there. This will save you time and money.
presence
New
New

06 Dec 2007 17:21

Thanks for that, but the problem is, when I originally purchased the Excalibur (about 3 years ago), the shop in the U.K. actually ordered the WRONG instrument; the most important flaw was that they supplied a guitar with a maple fingerboard, when I had specified that it had to be rosewood (this is after a 4 month wait you understand!). I have never liked maple boarded instruments, however, the Excalibur is SO good, that it was an exception, and I have been extrememly happy with the instrument ever since. However, if I do purchase another of these fine instruments, I would need to be absolutely certain that the instrument that was being sent to me was EXACTLY the instrument that I specified, which is why I would be happier if I was able to actually see on a website the instrument that U knew that I was ordering (plus, the U.K. branch hasn't had the spec of instrument that I want in stock previously, so I would still have to wait 4 months for it.). I would like to stress that this was in NO WAY the fault of Vigier. The blame lies entirely with the store in the U.K. that the instrument ws ordered from, and it is a testament to the incredible quality of the instruments that Vigier creates that I have been so happy with an instrument that, if it had been made by almost any other manufacturer, I would not have been comfortable playing. So, if any of the forum members in France know of any French stores that stock Vigier, and have a website, I would be extremely grateful for any information that you guys can give me. Peace and Love, Presence.
Ben
VIP
VIP

06 Dec 2007 17:25

Hi Presence,               Ok, so what exactly is the spec, colour etc you are after?
presence
New
New

07 Dec 2007 00:18

Rosewood fretboard, HSH Pickup configuration, Floyd Rose bridge, and although colour is not of a huge concern to me personally, managment are putting their foot down and insisting that it's light (everything else I normally use is black, as well as my usual stage attire, which is what seems to annoy them! It's apparently causing grumbles because they are actually trying to market us for a change, and all pictures of me are indestinct because there is no colour gradiation between my clothes and the guitar: have you EVER heard of anything so stupid?), so maybe something along the lines of the clear red or antique violin that is currently available. I have already done a bit of prelimenary instigation, and there don't seem to be any Excalibur originals fir sale in heU.K. at the moment that fit the bill, which would mean that I would have to order it, which would take approx. 4 months. That's why I'm looking in to finding a music store in France that has what I'm looking for in stock, which I could purchase over the internet and have it shipped to the U.K. Cheers for your help though,much appreciated!
Ben
VIP
VIP

07 Dec 2007 09:35

Hi Presence,               Ok, have you thought about any of our non-floyd rose guitars? Have you ever tried our 2010 bridge, it is set with about 1 1/2 step pull upwards and is extemely stable (just watch any of Christophe Godin's trem abuse to see this)? Or, if you are still looking at a floyd rose model there is the Excalibur Custom - which has the flamed Maple top or the Bfoot model(although the trem rests on the body on this model so there is no pull upwards. All of these should be available in the UK.
presence
New
New

07 Dec 2007 22:22

Has to be a floyd rose I'm afraid, and while I do covet the Excalibur Custom, it's too far out of the price range for me to seriously consider. There haven't been any replies from any of the boards French members, so I'll try the French side of the board and see what happens. Thanks anyway.